Kaite serves as the president of the Missouri S&T ASUM chapter. She is also Senior in the Economics Department.
Office: 234 Havener
Enjoy summer and keep an eye out for the ASUM internship application next fall!
The Associated Students of the University of Missouri exists to be the students voice, your voice, in government. We connect across S&T students, the UM System, state, and federal government. Join us at a campus event, or in Jeff City!
- Campus Political Engagement Events
- We continusally host events, from formal dinners to movie screenings, as a place to learn about political events and discuss them.
- Legislative Events
- Missouri is 44th in the Nation for Higher Education Funding. The four campuses of the UM system work together to ensure the Missouri Legislature is aware of students.
- Federal Government
- ASUM sends students from S&T to Washington D.C. each year to lobby on the federal level for student interests.
- Legislative Internship
- The ASUM internship places twelve students in the Missouri capitol to lobby for the ASUM platform items, and watch developing legislation for student impacts.
- Board of Directors
- The ASUM Board of Directors is composed of 3 students from each campus, and leads ASUM’s policy decisions, while soliciting input through surveys and student government.
- Regular Meetings
- The S&T chapter of ASUM meets weekly to plan events and coordinate. All students are encouraged to attend.
- Voter Registration
- It is critical that students vote, both for their voice be heard and the future of the United States. ASUM can help you register, re-register, or vote by mail.
The best way to contact me is my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
[this is not actually written by Kaite, this is a sample I wrote]